Coronavirus preventative measures that are taken on board our aircraft
Air Astana would like to inform passengers about strengthened measures to prevent coronavirus infection on board our aircraft, according to the instructions of the World Health Organization (WHO).
Ground handling and flight preparation
- Passenger check-in is carried out by ground service personnel protected with masks and gloves.
- Temperature checks of all passengers and crew members travelling on international flights are checked on arrival in Kazakhstan by state sanitary services.
- All crew members have been educated on hygiene and symptoms of COVID-19.- Crews are given hand sanitizers, gloves and face masks.-
- After each flight the aircraft is thoroughly cleaned and the cabin is treated twice with a special disinfectant.
On board service
- If one of the passengers has suspicious symptoms, all passengers are given masks and upon arrival the airline will contact employees of the sanitary and epidemiological service to sterilise, disinfect and deep clean the aircraft in order to eliminate any pathogens using a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
Air quality and ventilation
- All Air Astana aircraft are equipped with high-performance particle filters (HEPA), which hold up to 99.97% of germs. Filters are changed on a regular basis in accordance with the regulations of the aircraft manufacturer.
- At the same time, according to IATA (International Air Transport Association), air in an aeroplane is safer and updated more often than in offices and shopping centres.
The airline asks passengers to follow the World Health Organisation’s recommendations and regularly wash their hands with soap and water or use sanitisers, to avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth and to practise good respiratory hygiene. In case of symptoms of the disease, we ask you to contact your doctor about the possibility of travelling.
Air Astana has made a number of flight schedule changes resulting from the global spread of the Coronavirus. Passengers holding tickets on the services affected may rebook on alternative dates or re-route without penalties.
Your safety is our priority!
© Global Air - American Express Travel Services®. All rights reserved.